Saturday, October 3, 2015

Putting Thoughts Into Words

This weeks' readings went very in depth into the topic of traditional marriage verses untraditional marriage. Before reading the articles, I had the opinion that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and it is the only correct way to marry. However, I did not even know where or how to begin my "argument" towards traditional marriage. I think I did not know how to form a solid argument from my opinion because marriage between a man and a woman is just something I know to be right; it is something that I grew up believing in true. I just thought that that was the way it was.  I guess I would venture to say that I was naive about where society was headed with nontraditional marriage tolerance. I also did not have any clear knowledge about the damaging affects that same sex marriage would have on society.

After reading the article by Wardle I now have a clear understanding that legalizing marriage between any two adults, regardless of gender, will seriously hurt and hinder the rising generation of children. I always new, from the Proclamation to the World, that children have a divine right to be born into a family where there are both a mother and a father who have made marital commitments to each other. But it was not until now that I realize what children will be missing out on, who are not able to enjoy the blessing of a mother and a father. Children who are denied this blessing will not be able to learn attributes, qualities, or individual roles that a mother has or a father has.


After reading Anderson's article, I now feel like some of those students who responded back to him by thanking him for helping them construct a clear argument being pro traditional marriage. I know  that marriage between man and a woman does not expand the meaning of marriage, but redefines it; and we do not have the right or power to do that because marriage is of God, not of man.

No comments:

Post a Comment